Think of financial planning as a cross country road trip. Before you set off you need to understand:
- Where are you now?
- Where are you going?
- What is needed to get you there?
Will you take a direct route from point A to point B, or do you have ample time to make it a scenic trip with strategic stops along the way? Determining the time frame to achieve your goals will help direct the decisions made throughout your journey to ensure you have enough fuel to reach your destination.
Our goal at Matson Financial Advisors Inc., is to educate our clients and improve their financial knowledge, helping them to make confident financial decisions. Just as learning to read starts with understanding the sounds of each letter of the alphabet, our journey with a client begins with a foundation of mutual trust, respect and honest dialogue. Financial planning is just like learning your letters in first grade. Novels are not written without letters. A written financial plan is the foundation of your financial novel. There are many different genres and styles to create your story, but it must have a solid beginning and engaging story line. It is rare for clients to enjoy financial security without first creating a written financial road map.
If you want to take a snapshot of your current financial situation, identify and prioritize your goals, our team can offer professional guidance on how to get there. The planning work we do with you anticipates and answers questions like:
- If I live to be 105, will I have enough money? What if the stock market tanks just before I need to start withdrawing from my assets?
- Should we set aside funds specifically to cover the education expenses of our children (or grandchildren)?
- Now that I am in retirement, doesn’t this mean my investment allocation needs a drastic adjustment?
- Is there a better way to make charitable gifts other than sending funds from my day-to-day checking account?
- At what point can I exit my current career and pursue another passion?
- When I retire, will taxes take a big bite out of my income?
- Will my family be OK if I get hit by a bus?
Whether you are writing your first novel or mapping out your next ski trip up north or out west, you will appreciate the outline you prepared to help you reach your destination safely.
*For a comprehensive review of your personal situation, always consult with a tax or legal advisor. Neither Cetera Advisor Networks nor any of its representatives may give legal or tax advice.